Local Heritage and Day Tours
With the bustling heritage town of Drogheda only 6km away, Termonfeckin is an ideal location to visit and rest before setting off on any number of exciting day trips. Choose from any of the following options available:
- Oldbridge House & Gardens, site of the Battle of the Boyne
- St. Oliver Plunkett’s head in the fabulous gothic church of St. Peter’s, West Street, Drogheda
- Newgrange, Knowth & Dowth Historic Sites
- Medieval Drogheda with the Highlands Gallery, Millmount Museum and lots of shopping
- The Leprechaun & Fairy Underground Cavern
- Cooley Whiskey Visitors Centre
- Historical Monasterboice Monastic Site
- The Carlingford to Omeath Greenway
- Play like a pro at Co. Louth Golf Club, Baltray or Seapoint Golf Club
- Collon Military Museum & Park
- Food tours around many of the local food producers of cheese, wine, vegetables, cider etc.
- Dundalk Stadium – A great day of fun at the races!
The Local Area
Right on our doorstep you will find a fantastic selection of local amenities and places of interest:
- a quaint village situated about 5 miles from the bustling town of Drogheda. web link
- at the nearby superb courses of Seapoint
and Co. Louth Golf Club
Other Activities include pitch and putt, walking, fishing, horse riding, etc.
You can also use An Grianán as a starting point for some of Ireland’s most beautiful locations either under your own steam or as part of one of our organised tours:
Mourne Mountains Tour
A special day in the Mourne Mountains starts off with tea/coffee & scones in Warrenpoint. Followed by a scenic tour of the
Mournes with stop off points along the way including St Patrick’s Centre to learn more about the history of our patron saint.
Belfast & Titanic Centre
A full guided city tour taking you around all the major sights of Belfast. Continue on to visit the New Titanic Centre for a fascinating experience before having some free time to do a little shopping. (read more
A great day out in Antrim to experience the Giants Causeway. A short tour of the coastline is included before and a visit to the new heritage centre. A very popular day trip.
A popular day out in Athlone, with a stop off at Tyrellspass Castle for tea/coffee & scones. Join your boat on the river Shannon for an afternoon cruise with time afterwards to explore the historical town of Athlone, the gateway to the West.
Wicklow & Vale of Avoca
- First stop is at Powerscourt House, then travelling south later to the picturesque village of Avoca and Clara, stopping at Tomas Moore’s “Meeting of the Waters” and Glendalough.
- Luxury Touring Coach
- Experienced Tour Guide
- Accommodation at An Grianán
- Daily Trips leaving from An Grianán after full Irish breakfast.
- Return to An Grianán for evening meals & nightly entertainment.
Price Per Person from:
4 nights €354.00,
3 nights €265.00,
2 nights €155.00, Prices are subject to the size of the group.